*NOTE: This guide is a PDF file. Hard copies will not be shipped.
AAACN members and others: You may download this guide for free. Click 'Add to Cart' to complete your order. You must be logged in to your AAACN account; if you are not, you will be prompted to do so.
Once your order has been processed, the receipt page will display a clickable one-time "Download" button. You must download the publication immediately by clicking the button, which looks like this:
The AAACN Best Practice Guidelines for Academic and Practice Partnerships in Ambulatory and
Community Settings provides comprehensive guidance in initiating and sustaining partnerships
that establish a pipeline of competent nurses prepared to practice in ambulatory care settings.
This publication highlights five distinct sections to guide the development of the APP, from the initial
stages of assessing readiness and establishing the partnership to the actual placement of
students, or developing nurse residency programs. Each section features guideline recommendations based on literature review, theme identification, and subject matter experts' survey responses.
Value to Your Practice:
· Provides strategies for implementing academic-practice partnerships in ambulatory and community care settings.
· Promotes a pipeline of professional nurses who are competent in the practice of ambulatory care nursing.
· Encourages collaboration between academic and practice partners that address mutual goals and priorities that support robust clinical experiences for nursing students in ambulatory settings.
· Outlines specific responsibilities of the academic and practice partners as well as mutual priorities.
· Discusses specific recommendations for developing curriculum content and clinical experiences based on the experience-level of students.
Who Should Purchase:
· Leaders in practice settings
· Deans in academic settings
· Educators and Nursing
· Professional development specialists in practice settings
· Academic faculty