By: L. Jessie Jones-Bell, MSN, Ed, RN, PHN & Laurel More, MS,
RN, NPD-BC, CPN
Year Published: 2022
The AAACN Best Practice
Guidelines for Academic and Practice Partnerships in Ambulatory and
Community Settings provides comprehensive guidance
in initiating and sustaining partnerships
that establish a pipeline of competent nurses prepared to practice in
ambulatory care settings.
This publication highlights five distinct sections to guide the development of
the APP, from the initial
stages of assessing readiness and establishing the partnership to the actual
students, or developing nurse
residency programs. Each section features guideline
recommendations based on
literature review, theme identification, and subject matter experts’ survey
Value to Your Practice:
· Provides strategies for implementing academic-practice partnerships in
ambulatory and community care settings.
· Promotes a pipeline of professional nurses who are competent in the practice
of ambulatory care nursing.
· Encourages collaboration between academic and practice partners that address
mutual goals and priorities that
support robust clinical experiences for
nursing students in ambulatory settings.
· Outlines specific responsibilities of the academic and practice partners as
well as mutual priorities.
· Discusses specific recommendations for
developing curriculum content and clinical experiences based on the
experience-level of students.
Who Should Purchase:
· Leaders in practice settings
· Deans in academic settings
· Educators and Nursing
· Professional development specialists in practice settings
· Academic faculty
*NOTE: This guide is a PDF file. Hard copies will
not be shipped
To download this guide, click 'Add to Cart' to complete your order.
You must be logged in to your AAACN account; if you are not, you will be
prompted to do so. Once your order
has been processed, the receipt page will display a clickable one-time
"Download" button. You must download
the publication immediately by clicking the button.