Also Available as an eBook
(click logo/button to buy)
|Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch
By: Tabitha Anglea, MSN, RN, CCRN-K, LNC; Cynthia L Murray, BN,
AMB-BC; Debra L Cox, MS, RN, CENP; Margaret F Mastal, PhD, MSN, RN &
Susan Clelland, MSN, RN (Co-Editors)
Year Published: 2018
The need for health care to be delivered quickly across distant and diverse
environments is more
urgent today than ever before. As a result, innovative new
telehealth technologies have evolved to
better serve people living in remote
areas, as well as those who cannot easily access clinical settings.
Given the urgent need to serve these populations and widespread health care
delivery changes sparked
by a global pandemic, this edition of the Scope
and Standards of Practice for Professional Telehealth Nursing
of the most relevant and timely resources for your practice today.
The publication has been significantly revised from previous editions to
reflect new thinking about telehealth
and today’s rapid technological advances.
It reflects practice innovations in telehealth and ambulatory care nursing
aligns care delivery to current models in a wide array of settings.
Value to Your Practice:
- Helps you develop
telehealth nursing policies, procedures, roles, and competencies at your
- Updates you on the latest telehealth practices that you can
apply to a wide variety of settings.
- Guides you as a leader and manager in delivering quality
care to patients and communities using telehealth practices and technology.
- Provides you with a deep understanding of telehealth
nursing, allowing you to be adaptable to rapid-fire changes in technology and
health care delivery.
- Informs your efforts in telehealth research and
- Helps you conduct quality assurance and performance
improvement projects while eliminating unnecessary costs.
- Gives you knowledge and confidence to pass the ambulatory
care nursing certification exam, which contains telehealth nursing questions.
Who Should Purchase:
- Ambulatory care nurses practicing at every level, from
clinical to administrative roles.
- Nurses launching and enhancing telehealth nursing services.
- Managers, administrators, leaders, educators, and nurses
new to ambulatory care and telehealth seeking to learn more about telehealth.
The Scope of Practice section includes six standards on nursing process. The
two Standards sections cover clinical practice, nursing organization, and
- Scope of Practice for Professional Telehealth Nursing
o Definition of Professional Telehealth Nursing
o Conceptual Framework
o Evolution of Modern Telehealth and Nursing Practice
o Practice Environment: Virtual
o The Science and Art of Telehealth Nursing Practice
o Types of Telehealth Nursing Roles
o Professional Trends and Issues
- Standards of Professional Clinical Practice (6 standards)
- Standards of Nursing Organizational and Professional
Performance (10 standards)
- Frequently Used Telehealth Terms, Glossary, References,
See complete Table of Contents and
Members are limited to purchasing up to 5 copies
at the member price. For larger orders, please contact email@example.com.