Also Available as an eBook
(click logo/button to buy)
|Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch
The need for health care to be delivered quickly across distant and diverse environments is more urgent today than ever before. As a result, innovative new telehealth technologies have evolved to better serve people living in remote areas, as well as those who cannot easily access clinical settings.
Given the urgent need to serve these populations and widespread health care delivery changes sparked by a global pandemic, this edition of the Scope and Standards of Practice for Professional Telehealth Nursing
is one of the most relevant and timely resources for your practice today.
The publication has been significantly revised from previous editions to reflect new thinking about telehealth and today’s rapid technological advances. It reflects practice innovations in telehealth and ambulatory care nursing, and aligns care delivery to current models in a wide array of settings.Value to Your Practice
• Helps you develop telehealth nursing policies, procedures, roles, and competencies at your facility.
• Updates you on the latest telehealth practices that you can apply to a wide variety of settings.
• Guides you as a leader and manager in delivering quality care to patients and communities using telehealth practices and technology.
• Provides you with a deep understanding of telehealth nursing, allowing you to be adaptable to rapid-fire changes in technology and health care delivery.
• Informs your efforts in telehealth research and evidence-based practice.
• Helps you conduct quality assurance and performance improvement projects while eliminating unnecessary costs.
• Gives you knowledge and confidence to pass the ambulatory care nursing certification exam, which contains telehealth nursing questions.Who Should Purchase
• Ambulatory care nurses practicing at every level, from clinical to administrative roles.
• Nurses launching and enhancing telehealth nursing services.
• Managers, administrators, leaders, educators, and nurses new to ambulatory care and telehealth seeking to learn more about telehealth.What’s Inside
The Scope of Practice section includes six standards on nursing process. The two Standards sections cover clinical practice, nursing organization, and professional performance.
• Scope of Practice for Professional Telehealth Nursing
o Definition of Professional Telehealth Nursing
o Conceptual Framework
o Evolution of Modern Telehealth and Nursing Practice
o Practice Environment: Virtual
o The Science and Art of Telehealth Nursing Practice
o Types of Telehealth Nursing Roles
o Professional Trends and Issues
• Standards of Professional Clinical Practice (6 standards)
• Standards of Nursing Organizational and Professional Performance (10 standards)
• Frequently Used Telehealth Terms, Glossary, References, Additional Readings
Members are limited to purchasing up to 5 copies at the member price. For larger orders, please contact email@example.com.