By: L. Jessie Jones-Bell, MSN, Ed, RN, PHN &
Laurel More, MS, RN, NPD-BC, CPN
Year Published: 2022
The AAACN Best Practice
Guidelines for Academic and Practice Partnerships in Ambulatory and Community
guidance in initiating and sustaining partnerships
that establish a pipeline of competent nurses prepared to practice in
ambulatory care settings.
This publication highlights five distinct sections to guide the development of
the APP, from the initial
stages of assessing readiness and establishing the partnership to the actual
placement of students, or developing nurse
programs. Each section features guideline recommendations based on literature
review, theme identification,
and subject matter experts’ survey responses.
Value to Your Practice:
· Provides strategies for implementing academic-practice partnerships in
ambulatory and community care settings.
· Promotes a pipeline of professional nurses who are competent in the practice
of ambulatory care nursing.
· Encourages collaboration between academic and practice partners that address
mutual goals and priorities that
support robust clinical experiences for
nursing students in ambulatory settings.
· Outlines specific responsibilities of the academic and practice partners as
well as mutual priorities.
· Discusses specific recommendations for
developing curriculum content and clinical experiences based on the
experience-level of students.
Who Should Purchase:
· Leaders in practice settings
· Deans in academic settings
· Educators and Nursing
· Professional development specialists in practice settings
· Academic faculty