By: Sheila Haas, PhD, RN, FAAN; Beth Ann Swan, PhD, CRNP, FAAN; & Traci S. Haynes, MSN, RN, CEN (Editors)
Year Published: 2019
As a health care professional, you’ve witnessed
how fragmented care can cause patients to suffer needlessly, spike readmission
rates, and drive up the cost of care. Nurses’ knowledge and skills make them
uniquely qualified to solve these issues and help patients get the right care,
at the right time, by the right provider.
This second edition of the CCTM Core Curriculum is a
foundational text that builds upon one of AAACN’s premier initiatives: to lead
the industry in educating nurses and health care providers about effective
CCTM. Written with a futuristic perspective by three experts who are all AAACN
past presidents, this text provides updated information on all aspects of the
CCTM role spanning all practice settings.
Value to Your Practice:
• Guides you in navigating the ever-evolving health care
• Helps you improve outcomes by integrating the Quality and
Safety Education for Nurses (QSEN) competencies.
• Boosts your knowledge of identified gaps in care
• Guides you in implementing evidence-based strategies by
engaging individuals and families in their care.
• Uses CCTM standards to assist you in achieving accurate and
• Increases your communication, decision-making, and
leadership skills for your work with interprofessional teams.
• Helps you identify care gaps and develop quality
Who Should Purchase:
• Nurses practicing in all health care settings across the
• Nurses and allied health care professionals who seek to
improve patient safety, quality, and outcomes.
• Nurses in management, administrative, staffing, education,
and quality improvement roles.
• Those seeking a resource for nursing education curriculum.
• The most urgent and relevant information you need for your
practice, organized in 13 chapters that span the CCTM role.
• Chapter topics include advocacy, patient education, care
planning, teamwork and collaboration, population management, and much more.
• New pediatric and geriatric content, as well as the latest
o Behavioral health
o Dementia care
o Opioid addiction
o Palliative and end-of-life care
o Health literacy
o Social determinants of health
• Case studies and care plans depicting the use of evidence
• Glossary, additional resources, applications, and detailed
See complete Table of Contents and
"The Care Coordination
and Transition Management Core Curriculum, 2nd Edition,
is a vital resource for
all nurses who fit the
current practice arena and has the capacity to
improve care for all."
Gwen Sherwood, PhD,
Emeritus, University of North Carolina
Want to learn more about the importance of
nurses’ CCTM role?
View the AAACN Care Coordination and
Transition Management Press Kit
Members are limited to purchasing up to 5 copies
of this item at the member price. For larger orders, please email