Ambulatory Care Registered Nurse Residency Program: Transition to the Specialty of Ambulatory Care
Note - this publication is a PDF file. Hard copies will not be shipped. You must download this file.
Once your payment has been processed, the receipt page will display a clickable "Download" button providing a one-time download of this publication. You must download your publication immediately by clicking on the download icon, which will look like this:
The Ambulatory Care Registered Nurse Residency Program is an evidence-based resource that ambulatory care facilities can use to help RNs attain the knowledge and skills they need to practice in the ambulatory care specialty.
The program is designed for facilities to orient new RN graduates and experienced RNs new to ambulatory care. With tools and content that can be tailored, it has everything needed for a facility to build their own program, using a standardized and comprehensive approach, including:
• A curriculum guideline
• Competency assessment (procedural and professional) guides
• Clinical rotation guidelines
• Checklists and templates
• Simulation guides
• Preceptor and mentor tools
View complete Table of Contents
The table of contents pages will open in a new window in Adobe Acrobat format. If you do not have Acrobat Reader, it is a free download available from the Adobe Web site
The Ambulatory Care RN Residency Program is an electronic publication in PDF format that contains 11 major sections and 244 pages. The easy-to-navigate publication
features downloadable and customizable Word templates, checklists, guides, and forms.
Completion of the program will allow the RN to:
• Transition from novice or advanced beginner to the next professional level
• Develop effective decision-making skills
• Apply leadership skills
• Employ effective communication
• Develop critical reasoning and astute clinical judgement
• Work collaboratively with the health care team
• Use critical-thinking skills and patient engagement strategies to optimize outcomes
The sample pages will open in a new window in Adobe Acrobat format. If you do not have Acrobat Reader, it is a free download available from the Adobe Web site
RN Transition To Practice & Residency CommunityNew for AAACN members!
Access the RN Transition to Practice & Residency Community, an online forum for AAACN members to ask questions and share implementation ideas related to the RN Residency Program. All AAACN members are welcome to join the Community. Members will have the opportunity to:
- Discuss evidence-based best practices related to transition to practice and residency programs
- Discover what others have done to prepare RNs for ambulatory care practice
- Examine barriers and challenges in implementing a transition to practice program.
*Note: You must be a AAACN member to join the RN Transition to Practice & Residency Community. When you follow the link to join the Community, you will be prompted to log in to your AAACN member account. After you log in, you’ll be redirected to the RN Residency Community page. Click Join Community on the right side of the page, select your email digest preference, and you’re in!